Week 3 Day 5 - Friday April 3rd 2020
Time to hit the couch! Friday Game day. Today we will bring it down in age. This is the 2019 Underarmour All american lacrosse game which showcases the top 40 ranked lacrosse recruits in the country. They have not practiced together so there is 0 structure but still please try and see how it still seems organized. This is based on just lacrosse IQ. Also, obviously the skill level is very high. These players are highschool age (seniors) and this is the level we are going to raise Oklahoma too! this is the gold standard. Enjoy!
Week 3 Day 4 - Thursday April 2nd 2020.
Offense - Twisters - 100 each hand broken up however you want! https://vimeo.com/386339055/e8540343a9
- 50 twister shots.
- Attack the cone - Do with no stick, 5 cones in a line, do 4 times per leg. Add stick, 2 cones per line, with twister step down after last cone for 10 rounds 2 times.
Defense - Twisters - 100 each hand broken up however you want! https://vimeo.com/386339055/e8540343a9
- watch the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvBl2Qg7ppQ
- 100 step down shots!
Goalies - Bucket passes. working on that arch. Get 3 in from each distance. 15,20 25 yards.
- juggling! 20 minutes.
- watch this video. this is a national championship goalie. he is playing in an alumni game but just listen to how much he communicates! lots to learn from a goalie like this. He is in control of everything happening with his d. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqakrTur_aQ
Week #3 day 3 - Wednesday April 1st, 2020.
Lacrosse is considered the "medicine game". In times like this the game is here to help us! Lean on it to get your mind, body and spirit right! get out and get your reps!
With that being said, here is a little video on one of the best lacrosse families to ever play. With roots tied to the game of lacrosse as deep as they go, these bothers show why having your stick in your hand all the time is so important and what this sport can do for you.
Offense - Quick stick shuffles - Execute for 30 second rounds. For 10 rounds. https://vimeo.com/386338764/b4196ce983 If you don't also have a wall, just chop your feet during the rounds.
- Skip split drill - 5 per leg to a shot X 5 rounds. https://vimeo.com/379801874/9faa1bce4d
Defense - Quick stick shuffles - Execute for 30 second rounds. For 10 rounds. https://vimeo.com/386338764/b4196ce983 If you don't also have a wall, just chop your feet during the rounds.
- Foot work - Defensive stance drill #1 - 30 second rounds staying in stance X4. zig zag 1v1 cone drill, 5 rounds slow 5 rounds full speed. This is drill #5 in video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY7K0IaDNMM
Goalies - Quick stick shuffles - Execute for 30 second rounds. For 10 rounds. https://vimeo.com/386338764/b4196ce983 If you don't also have a wall, just chop your feet during the rounds. Want to challenge you we know this isn't easy with your stick.
- watch entire video and then set up 3 different drill. Arch, line, zigzag and do the 3 times each direction concentrating on details in video.
Week #3 Day 2 - Tuesday March 31st, 2020
Offense - PPP- Partner passing progression off wall. RIGHTY, LEFTY, SPLITS, QUICKSTICKS. Execute each exercise 30 reps for 2 rounds.
- Left right drill - Execute foot work in video for 10 rounds of 5 reps at your own speed. Add a stick and execute for 6 more rounds with shot after last rep. https://vimeo.com/379802740/e81522687a
Defense - PPP- Partner passing progression off wall. RIGHTY, LEFTY, SPLITS, QUICKSTICKS. Execute each exercise 30 reps for 2 rounds.
- Drop steps - Lets not forget about our basics. Stationary poke drop step for 10x3. Poke drop step with back pedal X10 for 5 yards. Approach + poke drop step X10 for 5 yards. Repeat for second time.
Goalie - Keep working on that juggling! 10 minutes!
- Go through all PPP that we did yesterday on both knees to isolate arms.
- Juggling again for 20 minutes. Remember we are either improving and becoming more consistent at a certain step or attempting to progress.
Work work work! we know you got the time.