Week 4 Day 1 homework has begun!
Monday April 6th, 2020
Offense – Defense - Goalies
- Wall ball – Today all we are going to do is hit a wall ball routine. Let’s get back to understanding our stick and building that comfortability after the weekend. First watch the entire video by Joey Sankey. One of the best to do it. Execute 50 reps on each progression on each hand. This will take some time but will be a great stickwork day to start the week! For our defenders and goalie’s, we are challenging you to this as well. No matter what stick work you are doing it will improve your ability to pass and catch. Like Joey says in the video, if you are not dropping the ball, you are not challenging yourself!
Week 4 Day 2 Tuesday April 7th, 2020
- Wall Ball Routine – Yesterday we copied Joey Sankey’s wall ball routine, today we will copy Taylor Cummings. Taylor is probably one of the most decorated lacrosse players of all time. Not just female, of all lacrosse players. Don’t believe me, look it up. Execute all of her progressions for only 25 each hand. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD-VTfZ-i8s
- Re-dodging – Watch entire video. Execute drill for 25 reps each side! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZEpCXz_1xk
Defense – Goalies (We are going to start skipping tomorrow FYI)
- Wall Ball Routine – Yesterday we copied Joey Sankey’s wall ball routine, today we will copy Taylor Cummings. Taylor is probably one of the most decorated lacrosse players of all time. Not just female, of all lacrosse players. Don’t believe me, look it up. Execute all of her progressions for only 25 each hand. Please notice how she is much closer to the wall, mimic this and work on your reaction and soft touch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD-VTfZ-i8s
- Responsive Footwork – Watch video. Execute each drill for 10 seconds and 8 rounds. For goalies and defenders execute in ready position. For my defenders after each round of footwork immediately go into a 5-yard hard approach with a break down. For my Goalies, if possible, have someone shoot on you immediately following footwork. If you do not have someone to shoot on you, execute foot work in front of a wall with a ball in your stick and throw it off the wall into a save at the end of each round. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwVu1JyaeOA